- >> Fiche d'inscription / Registration Form
- >> Télécharger le programme [en anglais] / Download Conference Agenda
- >> Télécharger la présentation de la session 1 / Download session 1 presentation
- >> Télécharger la présentation de la session 1 (Norad) / Download session 1 presentation (Norad)
- >> Télécharger la présentation de la session 2 / Download session 2 presentation
- >> Télécharger la présentation de la session 3 / Download session 3 presentation
- >> Télécharger la présentation de conclusion / Download conclusion presentation
- >> Télcharger le document concept INVALUABLE / Download INVALUABLE concept paper
Governing biodiversity and ecosystem services through market-based instruments? Theory and practice for decision-makers
Organised by Biodiversa, INVALUABLE, and IDDRI, this conference will create space to usefully engage all stakeholders and confront the latter’s experiences, views and needs to academic research in order to fill knowledge gaps between science and policy in biodiversity conservation.
Biodiversity and ecosystem services have continuously been eroded in the last 50 years, generating socio-economic costs and threatening human well-being. This calls for urgent action. In the context of stagnating public funding and official development assistance, the design and use of market-based instruments (MBIs) is thought to both incentivize and finance biodiversity conservation efficiently. Among other policy tools, payments for environmental services and biodiversity offsets are globally praised for their potential contribution.
Building on results from the INVALUABLE research project, a BiodivERsA (ERA-NET) programme jointly undertaken by several European partners and coordinated by IDDRI, this one-day conference aims at contributing to debates about MBIs, taking stock of their advantages and risks, and going ahead discussing their equitable, fair and efficient implementation on the ground.
For logistic reasons, prior registration to the conference is mandatory. Please kindly fill and send by e-mail the registration form displayed on this page to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Simultaneous translation (French-English) will be provided.