- En lire plus
Sustainable development goals and development models: what ambition?
Conference from 5pm to 7pm
Three exceptional events make 2015 a pivotal year for development: the Addis Ababa meeting on financing for development in July; the UN General Assembly on the establishment of sustainable development goals (SDGs) in September; and the Paris Conference of the Parties on climate change in December. The new agenda will be, in the words of the UN Secretary-General, a “transformative agenda”: transformation of economies and societies, but also of ways to negotiate policies to achieve the SDGs that nations are now taking up.
The 2015 edition of Planet for Life describes these transformations: in China, with the aim of establishing an “ecological civilization”; in Brazil, to try to overcome the complex problems of deforestation and the stagnation of rural income; in India and Russia, facing the challenges of transforming their energy matrix.
For the publication of the 10th edition of this book, IDDRI and AFD invite you to this conference during which 3 authors will share their views on the current and future transformations of the development models in their countries: Russia, South Korea and Tunisia. This meeting will also provide an opportunity to discuss the challenges of 2015.
With the participation of:
● Samir Aita, President of the Circle of Arab Economists
● Jae-Sung Lee, Professor of International Studies, Korea University
● Oleg Lugovoy, Economist, Presidential Academy of the National Economy and Public Administration of Russia
● Philippe Orliange, Director of Strategy, Partnerships and Communication, French Development Agency
● Sébastien Treyer, Director of Programmes, Institute for Sustainable Development and International Relations
● Tancrède Voituriez, Director of Governance Programme, Institute for Sustainable Development and International Relations
Simultaneous interpretation in French and English
Admission is free with advance booking at AFD