Michel Colombier Michel Colombier est le co-fondateur et directeur scientifique de l'Institut du développement durable et des relations internationales ; il …
Understanding COP21 and Beyond
A conference co-organized by IDDRI, the CIRED and EDF, from 2:00 pm to 4:00 pm.
COP21 marked an important milestone in the fight against climate change. At the same time, it is clear that it represents just a beginning of a new phase of implementation. At the same time, since COP21 there has been a lot of commentary regarding the value of the agreement, and what should follow.
This conference will bring together leading experts on climate policy and negotiations, including the current Co-Chair of Working Group III of the IPCC (Mitigation), in order to debate these issues.
- 2:00-2:40 pm - Keynote address
- The economics of a paradigm shift in climate negotiations, by Priyadarshi R. SHUKLA (Co-Chair Working Group III of the IPCC & Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad)
- 2:40-3:25 pm- Discussion
- Finance, carbon pricing and CBDR: moving the trillions, by Jean-Charles HOURCADE (CNRS, CIRED)
- The meaning of the Paris Accord beyond the diplomatic vagaries, by Michel COLOMBIER (IDDRI)
- COP21 and Electric Power Systems, by Mourad AYOUZ and Jean-Yves CANEILL (EDF)
- 3:25-4:00 pm - Questions and Answers
For information and registration, please send an email to Mourad Ayouz
The conference will be held in English without interpretation