Lucien Chabason Lucien Chabason est conseiller auprès de la direction de l’Institut du développement durable et des relations internationales, et …
"What is the future of bluefin tuna? Perspectives before ICCAT"
16th of November 2010, Paris
5:00 p.m. - 7:45 p.m., Institut océanographique, 195, rue Saint-Jacques, 75005 Paris
Présentation of the conference :
A conference organised by the Pew Environment Group and IDDRI-Sciences Po, on the eve of the 17th Special Meeting of the International Commission for the Conservation of Atlantic Tunas (ICCAT), held November 17 – 27th in Paris, where ICCAT’s 48 member states will decide on the future of bluefin tuna in the Mediterranean.
- 4:45 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.: Welcome and collection of information pack
- 5:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.: Conference
Welcome speech by S.E.M. Bernard Fautrier, Board Member of the Oceanographic Institute and Vice-president and CEO of the Foundation Prince Albert II of Monaco
Desired outcome, introduction by facilitator Lucien Chabason, Senior Advisor, IDDRI-Sciences Po.
1. WHAT FUTURE FOR BLUEFIN TUNA?
*Dr. Gerald Scott, Chairman, ICCAT Committee on Research and Statistics
*Roberto Mielgo Bregazzi, Director, Advanced Tuna Ranching Technologies
2. TWO DIFFERENT VIEWS ON CITES
*Dr. Sue Liebermann, Pew Environment Group, Director of International Policy
*Serge Beslier, Honorary Director, European Commission
3. PERSPECTIVES BEFORE ICCAT
*Dr. Fabio Hazin, Chairman of ICCAT
*Yves Miserey, journalist, co-author of Une Mer Sans Poisson (Éditions Calmann-Levy, 2010)
*Isabelle Autissier, Chair of the Board, WWF France
*Rémi Parmentier, Senior Policy Advisor, the Pew Environment Group
- 7:00 p.m. - 7:45 p.m.: Audience discussion
- 7:45 p.m. - 8:45 p.m.: Cocktail reception
Simultaneous translation in English and French will be provided.
Registration and further information :
- Entry subject to prior email registration before Friday 12th November to Julie Cohen, email@example.com
- For further information, please contact: Rémi Parmentier, firstname.lastname@example.org ou Julien Rochette, email@example.com