Study: "Factor 4" scenario for heating and DHW in the housing sector in France
- Energies Demain
- AUS-LTMU, Laboratoire Théorie des Mutations Urbaines, UMR 7136 CNRS, Université Paris 8
- EDF-R&D, ENERBAT department
- GDF Suez – Research and Innovation Division
The aim of this study is to produce scenarios for 2050 that present different sets of effective solutions with the target of achieving a 75% cut in carbon emissions for the French housing stock. These scenarios are designed as a basis for discussion in order to:
- better identify the levels of consumption expected, according to the segments of stock in question ( single-family detached house, multi-family apartments, existing stock or new buildings) for the different climate zones (“F4” targets);
- compare sets of solutions according to cost-effectiveness criteria to achieve the desired building performance levels and to limit the carbon content of the energy supply;
- inform the debate on the rate at which old stock must be renovated in order to achieve the factor 4 reduction and the levels of effort to be made.
The options set out by the “Grenelle de l’Environnement” (French multi-party environmental debate) underpin the hypotheses selected.
This study will be the subject of an edition of the Cahier du CLIP, forthcoming in September 2009.
Contact: Carine Barbier