From 4pm to 5:30pm (Paris Time). Event in French and English, with simultaneous translation.
This third session will deal with the adaptation of the international financing of SDGs both to the structures of countries and to the risks they face, of which Covid-19 is obviously a major illustration today. In particular, it will consider how to differentiate the responses to be provided according to the specific challenges of each country, paying particular attention to the most vulnerable, starting with the least developed countries. It will also address the long-term consequences of ongoing debt relief, and the importance of business support both in responding to the crisis and in pursuing SDGs.
Moderator: Patrick Guillaumont, President at Ferdi
- Masood Ahmed, President of the Center for Global Development, Washington D.C, USA
- Christophe Bories, Deputy Director of Multilateral Financial Affairs and Development, Ministry of Economy and Finance, France
- Lisa Chauvet, DIAL Economics Researcher, IRD, France
- Laureen Kouassi-Olsson, Investment Director at Amethis, Abidjan
- Jean-Michel Severino, Chairman of Investisseurs & Partenaires, France
- Tidjane Thiam, Former Chief Executive Officer of Crédit Suisse, Switzerland, former Minister of Planning and Development of Côte d'Ivoire
- Paul Collier, Professor of Economics and Public Policy at the Blavatnik School of Government, Professorial Fellow of St Antony's College, Oxford, UK.