Core funding partners
IDDRI's financial model is based centrally on the core funding and in-kind support of its founding members and long-term partners.
Financing from the founding companies (EDF, Engie, Veolia), research centres (INRA) and ministries (Higher Education and Research, Foreign Affairs, Environment) was supplemented in 2007 by in-kind contributions linked to the strategic partnership with Sciences Po and CIRAD, and by the IDGM programme, supported by the financial proceeds of a long-term AFD loan. The strengthening of this program, IDGM+, obtained Labex funding in 2011. At the same time, most of IDDRI's founding companies continued to support IDDRI and were joined by new partners ( BNP Paribas, GRDF, Renault, Suez and Vinci).
This funding enables IDDRI to carry out the joint project of its founding members, updated every 5 years through a strategic project and a medium-term work programme, adopted by the Board of Directors, while maintaining all its capacity for monitoring, anticipation, reactivity and independence.
On this basis, IDDRI involves very diversified partners in the financing of its projects. The institute is thus recognised and supported by numerous French public bodies, by the European Commission, as well as by international organisations and philanthropic foundations.
French public bodies
- Agence de l’environnement et de la maîtrise de l’énergie (Ademe)
- Office français de la biodiversité (OFB
- Agence Française de Développement (AFD)
- Agence nationale de la recherche (ANR)
- Caisse des dépôts et consignations (CDC)
- Fonds Français pour l'Environnement Mondial (FFEM)
- Institut pour la Ville Durable (IVD)
- Mairie de Paris
- Ministère de l'Agriculture et de l'Alimentation (MAA)
- Ministère de l'Enseignement supérieur, de la Recherche et de l'Innovation (MESRI)
- Ministère de l'Europe et des Affaires étrangères (MEAE)
- Programme REOMER du Ministère de la Transition écologique et solidaire (MTES)
- Inter American Development Bank (IADB)
- World Bank
- Chinese Academy for Environmental Planning (CAEP)
- Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ)
- Institute for Advanced Sustainability Studies (IASS)
- Bundesministeriums für Umwelt, Naturschutz, Bau und Reaktorsicherheit (BMUB)
- Environment Ministry of Norway
- Environment Ministry of Sweden
- United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP)
- International Union for Conservation of Nature (IUCN)
- World Future Council