[in French and English, without translation]
This second session addressed the fundamental issue of adequate mobilisation of budgetary resources and efficiency of public spending. The pursuit of SDGs indeed implies budgetary and fiscal policies that make it possible to finance the necessary public spending surplus and to guide the behaviour of economic agents in this direction. This question is even more relevant in view of the budgetary consequences of the Covid crisis19.
Moderator: Grégoire Rota-Graziosi, Director, CERDI
- Mahmoud Mohieldin, UN Special Ambassador for the Financing of Agenda 2030
- Michael Keen, Deputy Director of the Public Finance Department (International Monetary Fund)
- Felix Fernandez Shaw, Director, Directorate General for International Cooperation and Development (DG DEVCO), European Union
- Susana Ruiz Rodriguez, Tax Justice Policy Lead, Oxfam, Spain
- Philippe Lacoste, Director of Sustainable Development, Ministry of Europe and Foreign Affairs, France