Registration coming soon
The Covid-19 crisis has disorganized the preparations for the post-2020 global biodiversity framework, which should have been adopted in October 2020 at the 15th Conference of the Parties to the Convention on Biological Diversity (CBD) in Kunming, China. Since spring 2020, the many steps leading to COP 15 have been partially carried out through online discussions, which have nevertheless enabled the co-chairs of the negotiating group on the post-2020 framework to prepare the first draft, which was published last July. This first draft was the basis for discussions at the third meeting of the Open-Ended Working Group (OEWG-3), which took place from 23 August 23 to September 3, 2021. The dates for COP 15 have now been set: a high-level segment is expected to take place in October, followed by the adoption of the post-2020 framework in late April/early May 2022.
Now that the groundwork for the framework’s adoption has been carried out, IDDRI and the French Biodiversity Agency (OFB) are organizing the 6th Biodiversity Platform!
This meeting, which will be held in a hybrid format from the headquarters of the OFB, will provide an opportunity to take stock of the first draft, the OEWG-3 discussions, as well as the IUCN World Conservation Congress (September, 3-11). The exchanges will also be an opportunity to analyse the main issues at stake in COP15 negotiations, from its official opening in China on next October 11 to the actual adoption of the post-2020 framework in spring 2022.
- Basile van Havre, Co-Chair of the Open-ended Working Group on the post-2020 framework of the Convention on Biological Diversity (CBD)
- Maud Lelièvre, IUCN Regional Councillor and Chair of the French IUCN Committee
- Sylvie Lemmet, Ambassador of France for the Environment
- Cyrille Barnerias, Director European and International Relations, OFB
- Julien Rochette, Ocean Programme Director, IDDRI
- Juliette Landry, Research Fellow, International biodiversity governance, IDDRI
- Clément Métivier, Policy Advisor, WWF-UK
- Pierre Cannet, Advocacy Director, WWF France
- More speakers to be confirmed soon!