This first session will provide an analysis of the approaches and methods to be developed to evaluate projects according to their full impact: how to make the 2030 Agenda the framework for future economic recovery plans and for the necessary structural changes? The coronavirus crisis indeed reveals the multiple and interrelated vulnerabilities of our societies: health systems, supply chains for basic necessities, social inequalities within and between countries, etc. The crisis has also highlighted the need to address the issue of the coronavirus. Beyond emergency responses, more structural responses are necessary.
Moderator: Sébastien Treyer, Executive Director of IDDRI
- Jean-Paul Moatti, former President of the Institut de recherche pour le développement (IRD, France), and member of the 2019 World Sustainability Report team.
- Kevin Gallagher, Director of the Global Development Policy Center (Boston, USA)
- Mama Keita, Director of ECA’s Subregional Office for Eastern Africa
- Laurence Breton-Moyet, Director General of Strategy, Partnership and Communication, French Development Agency (AFD, France).
- Luis Fernando Mejía, Director of Fedesarrollo, Centro de Investigación Económica y Social (Bogotá, Colombia)