A presentation by Elisabeth Hege at the assessment of the High-Level Political Forum organised by the Comité 21 (Committee 21) in the presence of Brune Poirson, Secretary of State to the Minister for the Ecological and Inclusive Transition1.
The High-Level Political Forum (HLPF), an annual international conference organised by the United Nations to review progress and follow-up on the implementation of SDGs worldwide, was held between 9 and 18 July in New York around the theme “Transformation towards sustainable and resilient societies.”.
- What were the major advances made on the SDGs that were assessed?
- Are we on track to achieve the 17 targets by 2030?
- Which countries in particular?
- Is the High-Level Political Forum a relevant exercise or should it be reformed, and if so, how?
All these questions will be raised at the HLPF assessment and the following discussion.
- 1. Subject to confirmation