This special event, which opens a series of international biodiversity conferences organised jointly by the Fondation d'entreprise Hermès and IDDRI, will be the opportunity to participate in the scientific, political and strategic review that will be presented by the different actors concerned by biodiversity protection. It will be made up of different sessions organised around major issues: feedback on the 2010 targets; the reasons they have not been reached; the strategies to be implemented…
It will bring together some of the leading international experts on the subject, including Jon Hutton (Director of the UNEP – United Nations Environment Programme - World Conservation Monitoring Center), Ashok Khosla (President of the International Union for Conservation of Nature – IUCN), - Jean-Patrick Leduc (International Relations at Muséum National d’Histoire Naturelle), Julia Marton-Lefèvre (IUCN Director General), Laurent Mermet (AgroParisTech), Harold Mooney (Professor at Stanford University) and Lucien Chabason (Deputy Director of IDDRI). >> Download the programme
The videos of the conference and the presentations of the participants are available for download (updating in progress).
Programme & material
by Pierre-Alexis-Dumas, Laurence Tubiana and Jon Hutton
- Jon Hutton, Director, World Conservation Monitoring Centre, United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP): Current situation and trends
LOOKING BACK ON THE 2010 BIODIVERSITY TARGET
with Julia Marton Lefèvre, Jean-Patrick Le Duc and Rolf Hogan
- Jean-Patrick Le Duc, Delegation for Foreign and European Affairs, Muséum National d’Histoire Naturelle (MNHN): The origins of the 2010 target: process and rationality
- Rolf Hogan, Manager of WWF International’s Biodiversity Programme, WWF International: The 2010 target: relevance and limits for a biodiversity protection stakeholder
WAS FAILURE TO BE EXPECTED?
with Laurent Mermet, Harold Mooney, Rudolf de Groot and Gilles Kleitz
- Harold Mooney, Professor, Stanford University: Gaps in science-governance interfaces and the IPBES project
- Rudolf de Groot, Associate Professor, Wageningen University, coordinating lead author TEEB: Is biodiversity undervalued? Economic valuation and public and private decision-making
- Gilles Kleitz, Biodiversity Project Manager, French Development Agency (AFD): From the protection of species and areas to ecosystem-based management: renewing tools for biodiversity management
>> Download the presentation slideshow
>> Download the text of the presentation
2010, AND BEYOND? OBJECTIVES AND ACTION PLAN
with Lucien Chabason, Patrick Blandin, Ashok Khosla and Corinne Lepage
The series of conferences on biodiversity and ecosystems organised by IDDRI and the Fondation d' entreprise Hermès aims to contribute to making biodiversity a real issue for society, by opening up debates beyond purely expert circles.
It was launched with an inaugural conference on 16 February 2010 at the musée du quai Branly (Paris) entitled "Biodiversity 2010 and beyond? ».