Speaker's presentations (slides)
The Southeast Pacific is a highly biodiverse region facing a range of threats, such as unsustainable fishing. States in the region have often shown a keen interest in regional cooperation and coordination, which could contribute to effective MCS on the high seas. This webinar provides some insights into the state of play of MCS in the region, highlighting the legal, institutional and technological challenges and needs, and shares some success stories.
• Sandra Bessudo, Director of Fondation Malpelo
• Waldemar Coutts, Ambassador of Chile to Norway and Iceland
• Luis Alfaro Garfias, Director General, Fisheries Monitoring, Control and
Sanctions, Ministry of Production, Peru
• Jeannette Sánchez, Director, Division of the Natural Resources, Economic Commission for Latin America and the Caribbean
• Klaudija Cremers, Research Fellow, International Marine Policy, IDDRI
The webinar will be chaired by Sébastien Treyer, Executive Director of IDDRI.