A webinar in French and English, organized by IDDRI and the French Biodiversity Agency (OFB).
After years of scientific debates, legal controversies and political wrangling, States have just concluded an agreement on the conservation and sustainable use of marine biological diversity in areas beyond national jurisdiction. IDDRI's team and invited experts offered an initial analysis of the text and its implementation issues.
05.00 pm - 05.10 pm Introduction (in French without translation)
- Julien Rochette (IDDRI)
- Florent Merle (French Biodiversity Agency)
05.10 pm - 06.25 pm Round Table (in English without translation)
- Marine genetic resources, Arne Langlet (University of Vienna, MARIPOLDATA)
Download Arne Langlet's presentation
- Area-based management tools, Klaudija Cremers (IDDRI)
Download Klaudija Cremers' presentation
- Environmental impact assessments, Glen Wright (IDDRI)
Download Glen Wright's presentation
- Capacity-building and transfer of marine technology, Harriet Harden-Davies (Ocean Voices)
Download Harriet Harden-Davies' presentation
06.25 pm - 06.30 pm Conclusion